As you already know, Google Play is the official Android app store. There we can search for and install whatever applications we want on our smartphone or tablet, either from our mobile device itself, or from a web browser on the desktop of your PC or Mac simply using our usual Gmail account.
However, it’s not the only tool out there for this purpose… there are alternatives to Google Play that offer us the possibility to download APKs of apps that Google doesn’t allow on its market, as is the case of Blackmart or Aptoide. And then there are options like Mobogenies, half way between these two concepts: you can download applications from the official store, but with a different selection of contents.
An interesting Android device and app manager
So, what’s all this got to do with a PC? Well, we’re basically talking about a program to manage all the applications and contents of your phone or tablet from the Windows desktop. That’s basically what this computer version is all about and the functions of which can be summarized as follows:
- Search for and install apps with a single click.
- Download music and videos curated by the tool’s editors.
- Manage files and contacts.
- Make backups of the data contained in your mobile device.
- Download eBooks and wallpapers.
- Root your Android and obtain superuser permissions to speed up how it works, save battery or remove preinstalled applications (bloatware).