Hangouts from Google allows you to have better group conversations with all your friends and colleagues. You can send photos or emoji, see when people are engaged in the Hangout and message your contact anytime. Hangouts also has support for video calling, and you can turn any conversation into a video call with up to 10 contacts.
Hangouts brings one-on-one and group conversations to life with photos, emoji, and video calls for free. You can use Hangouts to connect with your friends across different computers, or Android and Apple devices, so you will always be able to hangout with your contacts, no matter where you are.
Key features include:
- Chrome tabbed support.
- View and continue your Hangouts across multiple devices.
- Get notifications only once. After you see an alert, it’ll be removed on other devices.
- Snooze your notifications.
- See what you talked about in the past, including shared photos and your video call history.
- View collections of photos shared from each of your Hangouts.
- Choose from over 850 emoji.
Overall, Hangouts in a really useful extension that has some nifty features, such as support to make calls from your Android, iOS or desktop. The messaging features of Hangouts are pretty cool too and go beyond the standard format; you can hold one-on-one conversations or group chats. You can also use emoji, photos, GIFs and maps and your conversations sync from device to device to keep your conversations. The Hangouts extension also has integrated support for Gmail and Google+.